Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Today my heart is aching--I can feel the heaviness in the air from both "sides" of this story.

While I do not agree that #Ferguson was a "racial" thing--perhaps that is because I have a Combat Veteran for a husband who has shot and killedindividuals from another race in a war that had nothing to do with race...and I know how that affects him...I know that instead of being excited about the pending birth of our daughter during my pregnancy with her in 2007-2008, he was horrified because the bigger I got the more he saw the pregnant Iraqi woman he had to confront during a house raid.

Perhaps my thoughts are as they are because I look beyond the color of skin to the heart and soul--and feel that love is the only answer...and it is such a simple answer--if we get our ego out of the way--that I sit wanting to cry because what happened last night doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't follow this case much. In fact, I don't pay attention to the news or political agendas hardly at all because I don't need those lower energy frequencies in my life. I am a role model and example for too many hurting people that desperately need hope and something to hold onto in their lives--someone to love them regardless of their past...and I do not take that responsibility--one that I didn't choose, but rather chose me--lightly.

In August. ..

We lost a troubled, young man who had a lot of life left in him--who made decisions in the moment that resulted in his death. I live by a quote..."Out beyond the limits of right and wrong, there is a field--I will meet you there"...for I believe it is not my place to judge. It is my place to love--to comfort--to be a light--to spread hope, and I have seen first hand that amazing miracles begin as seeds not yet seen in deep, dark moments like last night...I have come to know beyond a shadow of doubt that no death or life is ever in vain. There was a reason and a purpose and a plan to literally every microscopic detail of each life and death.

We lost another young man who had chosen to be a civil servant and has now removed himself from this selfless role because of choices he made that resulted in the death of another human being--regardless of skin color...taking the life of another human being (even in a kill or be killed situation) is a heavy burden to carry... any Veteran or Service Member will tell you that (if they feel safe enough with you to admit the pain they carry within their hearts and souls).

I fail to grasp the "reasoning" for the rioting and destruction last night--again, regardless of the color of skin, I am so very ashamed of humans right now....WHERE IS THE HUMANITY?

I've chosen to share the following example because the color of one's skin has been such a focus lately...

"In this African tribe, when someone does something harmful, they take the person to the center of the village where the whole tribe comes and surrounds them.


For two days, they will say to the man all the good things that he has done.


The tribe believes that each human being comes into the world as a good. Each one of us only desiring safety, love, peace and happiness.

But sometimes, in the pursuit of these things, people make mistakes.

The community sees those mistakes as a cry for help.

They unite then to lift him, to reconnect him with his true nature, to remind him who he really is, until he fully remembers the truth of which he had been temporarily disconnected: “I am good.”

Shikoba Nabajyotisaikia!

NABAJYOTISAIKIA, is a compliment used in South Africa and means: “I respect you, I cherish you. You matter to me.” In response, people say SHIKOBA, which is: “So, I exist for you.”

This is taken directly from the Facebook page of author Natasha Kyssa.



No comments:

Post a Comment